Friday, August 24, 2012

Nude And Adult Beaches #3 Naturist Sunland Beach



Naturist Sunland Beach:  Adult Rated Beach
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nude%20Beach/129/96/22
                I was shocked at all the advertising when I first arrived at Naturist Sunland Beach.  The landing zone is a small raised hut covered in advertisements, and when you first set foot onto the beach you are offered an invitation to the Naturist Sunland Beach’s Group and the rules are posted in Public Chat.  Unfortunately, every time a person arrives at the beach, the rules are posted in Public Chat which becomes an annoyance if you’re near the landing point.  The shock of advertising didn’t decrease as I began to explore the beach. 
                The beach is separated into three sections:  The market, the nude beach, the adult beach.  Each area is distinctly sectioned off from the other.  The market is in the center, where the landing zone is and the nude beach and adult beach are on either side of the market.  The nude beach and adult beach are separated by large warning signs that ruin the views of the beach and detract from the verisimilitude of the environment.  I just feels too much like a game zone, not an actual beach. 
The market has shop after shop selling sex toys, avatar accessories, slutty clothes, etc.  The shops all look like beach cabanas and fit into the overall theme of the beach.  However, the amount of shops and booths really overwhelmed me when I first arrived.  While I understand that having shops helps pay for the cost of running a Sim, I just think that Naturist Sunland Beach really has too much. 
Once I walked onto the nude beach area, I was happy to see so many people walking around, relaxing by a campfire, and having a great time.  The big ad board by the entrance to the nude beach was even more distracting that the rest.  I walked around the beach for a little while, and I really liked the layout of the beach, but unfortunately, Naturist Sunland Beach had no activities for the beach goers.  Towels, chairs and few pose balls were provided, but activities like surfing or fishing were absent. 
Some parts of the beach were just poorly installed.  A short peer jutted out into the surf, but it wasn’t properly aligned with the surrounding land which meant that I couldn’t just walk up onto it.  Instead I had to either jump onto it or use one of the pose balls on it.  An island out in the ocean had the same problem.  I couldn’t just walk up onto it, I had to click a pose ball to there.  All of this ruins the suspension of disbelief reminding me that I’m in a simulation.
Adjacent to the nude beach was a strip club with a really nice theme.  The stripper’s poles were placed along the walkways separating several pools.  I was really excited about talking to the strippers at this club because I thought the design was clever.  All of the poles in the club were occupied by dancers; however, all of the stripper were either AFK or just not interested in talking to me.  I tried several times to talk to the strippers, but none of them replied.  They didn’t even say “Hello” to me when I entered the area. 
I spent quite a bit of time on the nude beach area, which was the most populated section.  I was actually surprised at how creepy several of the men acted.  I was propositioned twice for sex.  Each time it was by a male with a poorly crafted avatar.  The most interesting thing was that their heads were disproportionately small compared to their bodies. 
After ignoring those men, I spent some time talking to Connie, who is a regular at Naturist Sunland Beach.  We talked for a little while, and I got a much better sense of what the beach is like.  Connie loves to chat and meets a lot of people at the beach.  It’s fairly popular because there is Linden Giver that randomly hands out free Linden Dollars to people nearby.  So, some people will just camp on the beach all day long to get the free Linden Dollars.  She used to be a stripper and finds it easier to just sit on the beach and collect free money.  Connie was really nice and helpful and real ray of sunshine on a beach that was generally disappointing. 
Finally, I visited the Adult area which was pretty much empty.  There was a dance floor and a couple of alcoves with some sex furniture, but really it was desolate without anyone in that area.  I walked around for a bit, but got bored pretty quickly.  There are few hidden areas for intimate encounters, which were nicely done. 
Overall, my visit to Naturist Sunland Beach was just disappointing.  The advertising fit the surrounding, but it overwhelmed me when I arrived.  I just couldn’t get over the fact there were so many shops and booths around.  The beach was nicely laid out with pretty geography, but some of the areas were poorly implemented.  I was happy to see people there, but I was really disappointed with how the dancers ignored me and several men annoyed me.  I just didn’t have a good time at this beach.  I can’t really recommend it at all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment